Carefully read each statement to determine if you are eligible to apply at the Columbus Police Department.
- I am at least 21 years old.
- I am a US born citizen or have been naturalized.
- I have a high school diploma or GED.
- I have no felony convictions.
- I have no convictions, misdemeanor or city ordinance, involving family violence.
- I have no history involving the sale and/or distribution of an illegal substance as an adult as defined by Georgia law or of a significant nature as a juvenile.
- I have a valid driver's license (license may be from any U.S. state).
- I have not used marijuana within 2 years of the date of application.
- I have not used any Schedule I narcotics (example: Ecstasy, Heroin, LSD) within 10 years of the date of application. Prior use will be determined on a case by case basis.
- I have not used any controlled substance Schedule II, III, IV or V narcotics within the last 5 years of the date of application. This includes any prescription medication not used as prescribed or not prescribed to me.
- I have not used any illegal steroids within 3 years of the date of application.
- All Misdemeanors or City Ordinance convictions will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
- I have not made any false statements or knowingly provided false information on the application or any document related to the application process.
- I have not been dishonorably discharged from the armed services.
The entire application process can take over 90 days.
Click HERE for the Application Process.
Applications should be submitted to the Police Personnel Office between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM EST on normal business days.